Valentine’s Day is all about love and showing love to each other. This Valentine’s Day, we want to focus on self-care for women. Women will always mother, something, even if she is really tired. We are the ones who step up and support, act as caregivers, and lookout for everyone else. Instead of looking out for others this holiday, let’s focus on ourselves. When we take care of ourselves, we come back better and stronger for everyone else.
Once you’ve decided it’s time to start nurturing yourself and your body, be sure to plan some time for YOU. Schedule a block of time on your calendar where you won’t be interrupted, and try a few of the following self-care strategies.
- Go for a brisk walk: Exercise can be just as good for your mind as it is for your body. Though you might not always feel like you have time to hit the gym or to engage in an intense workout, fortunately, a brisk walk can be an excellent self-care strategy.
- Engage your senses: A good way to relax and find a sense of inner peace is to engage your senses. Consider taking a hot bath, light a scented candle, listen to soothing sounds, or drink some herbal tea.
- Get a massage: This one can be especially nice. If your budget doesn’t allow for regular massages with a professional, see if you can trade with a friend or your spouse, or use an electronic massager.
- Take a bath: Get out the bubbles, oils and scented soaps, and soak until you’re wrinkled.
- Schedule social time [Covid friendly]: A big part of self-care is maintaining your social connections. Make an effort to carve out time to see friends and family.
- Deep-condition your hair: While you’re in the tub, put on a deep-conditioning treatment for your hair, and let it work as you relax.
- Deep-clean your pores: With a clay facial masque, you can draw impurities out of your skin and stress out of your system.
- Care for your feet: After you soak your feet to soften calloused skin, use a pumice stone to slough off dead skin. Finish with rich foot cream and perhaps nail polish.
- Nourish your skin: Rich, luxurious creams smell wonderful and feel smooth, especially if you exfoliate your skin in the tub before putting them on.
- Tend to your nails: Correct the beating your nails take from your busy life (especially for those of you who bite your nails) by filing and buffing.
Take care of you [and the Mother in you] this Valentine’s Day!!! It is all about the self-care! You deserve this!